[creativ_button url=”#alaska” icon=”” label=”ALASKA” colour=”light-gray” colour_custom=”” size=”small” edge=”rounded” target=”_self”] [creativ_button url=”#canada” icon=”” label=”CANADA” colour=”light-gray” colour_custom=”” size=”small” edge=”rounded” target=”_self”] [creativ_button url=”#central” icon=”” label=”CENTRAL” colour=”light-gray” colour_custom=”” size=”small” edge=”rounded” target=”_self”] [creativ_button url=”#eastcoast” icon=”” label=”EAST COAST” colour=”light-gray” colour_custom=”” size=”small” edge=”rounded” target=”_self”] [creativ_button url=”#greatlakes” icon=”” label=”GREAT LAKES” colour=”light-gray” colour_custom=”” size=”small” edge=”rounded” target=”_self”] [creativ_button url=”#midwest” icon=”” label=”MIDWEST” colour=”light-gray” colour_custom=”” size=”small” edge=”rounded” target=”_self”] [creativ_button url=”#midsouth” icon=”” label=”MIDSOUTH” colour=”light-gray” colour_custom=”” size=”small” edge=”rounded” target=”_self”] [creativ_button url=”#northwest” icon=”” label=”NORTHWEST” colour=”light-gray” colour_custom=”” size=”small” edge=”rounded” target=”_self”] [creativ_button url=”#pacificnorthwest” icon=”” label=”PACIFIC NORTHWEST” colour=”light-gray” colour_custom=”” size=”small” edge=”rounded” target=”_self”] [creativ_button url=”#pacificsouthwest” icon=”” label=”PACIFIC SOUTHWEST” colour=”light-gray” colour_custom=”” size=”small” edge=”rounded” target=”_self”] [creativ_button url=”#southeast” icon=”” label=”SOUTHEAST” colour=”light-gray” colour_custom=”” size=”small” edge=”rounded” target=”_self”]
United Flight Discount
For groups flying into Tennessee, United Airlines is offering discounted flights for our group. Book online at www.united.com and enter your Offer Code ZT59292675 in the Offer Code box when searching for your flights.
Complimentary Airport Shuttle
The University of Tennessee offers complimentary shuttling to and from Knoxville’s McGhee Tyson airport, and shuttle to and from the Nashville and Atlanta airports for an additional fee. To secure a shuttle, please fill out this form and sent it in to UT.
Alaska Region[creativ_columns structure=”50|50″][creativ_col position=”a”]If you are traveling from somewhere other than the Anchorage Bowl, your group is responsible to get themselves to Anchorage.
All conference travel will depart from ANC (Ted Stevens International Airport). We currently have 90 seats reserved to and from Knoxville, TN (through Phoenix, AZ and then Charlotte, NC and back home the same way) EVERYONE will depart Anchorage at 1:48am on July 11th and will arrive in Knoxville sometime between 7:30pm and 11:30pm depending on flights. We depart Tennessee on July 17th, late morning and EVERYONE will arrive at Anchorage at 12:43am – technically the 18th.
Prices are still VERY subject to change but we are estimating roughly a cost of $875-$900/ticket depending on the number of tickets needed in the end.
[/creativ_col][creativ_col position=”b”] That price will include 3 things:
- the plane ticket itself
- an “Alaska CHIC” t-shirt
- a slight (5-7 dollar) extra charge to accommodate the possibility of taxes and fees that are subject to change. If that extra 5-7 dollars does not get used, the excess funds are put into the World Mission offering taken at CHIC.
If you want to reserve tickets for your group contact Phil Cannon phil.cannon(at)covenantevents.org as soon as possible.
The Central Conference encourages all involved churches to travel to Knoxville via Central Conference Chartered Buses, departing and returning to convenient locations around the entire area of the conference. Once your church registers, we will contact you to get see if you plan on using Central Conference busing.
East Coast Conference
Currently, the East Coast Conference plans to coordinate busing throughout the region. Bus numbers and locations will be determined by interest. Please email CHIC liaison Christina Tinglof at christina.tinglof(at)covenantevents.org if you would like to hear more information, or to express interest in busing together.
Great Lakes Conference
The Great Lakes Conference will be securing a few coach busses to aid in your transportation of students down to University of Tennessee. The busses will leave from various locations in the conference and make a few stops along the way to pick up our churches. They will also try to vary the arrival and departure times as needed, (i.e., arrive day before CHIC). Please email your groups number to Justin Saxton at justin.saxton(at)covenantevents.org – estimated cost per seat is about $150.
[creativ_columns structure=”50|50″][creativ_col position=”a”]Iowa: Doug Utely will coordinate pick up points throughout Iowa.
For info contact: Chris Ravn: chris(at)pcovenant.com or 712-335-2148 Doug Utely: dkutley(at)mchsi.com
Kansas & Western Missouri: Hubs are being set up throughout Kansas where churches can meet a bus.
For info contact: Jim Eaton: jim(at)covenantevents.org or 620-755-5629
[/creativ_col][creativ_col position=”b”] Kansas City Metro Area: Community Covenant Church in Lenexa, KS is the meeting spot.
For info contact: Tom Greenwald: tom.g(at)cccks.org or 913-403-6185
Nebraska: Meeting spot is yet to be confirmed. (It will be Lincoln or Omaha)
For info contact: Deb Bonsall iiafdeb(at)gmail.com or 402-380-1984
There will be multiple pickup spots throughout the conference. Some groups have expressed interest in going a day or two before CHIC starts or staying a few extra days. Let Cheryl know if that’s the case and she might be able to make that happen.
Pacific Northwest Conference
Traveling from the Pacific Northwest to Knoxville Tennessee is only practical via air travel. Since arranging air travel for the entire conference would be too complicated and costly we are recommending each group attending CHIC make their own reservations. However, our Liaison team is available to partner with you to help accomplish this goal. We have some helpful resources available, and some general tips to make the process easier.
We also recommend all groups attending CHIC from the North Pacific Conference consider arriving a day early on July 11th and rafting together on the first day of CHIC, July 12th. While rafting is an added cost, given the distance we travel to CHIC, it is worth arriving a day early and spending time together! NOTE: The extra night’s stay is also an additional $30 per person. Traveling early should make booking flights easier and allow your group to be more rested the first day since they won’t have to be at the airport at 4:00am. Contact: Ruby Varghese at ruby.varghese(at)covenantevents.org[creativ_toggle accordion=”0″ icon=”chevron-down” heading=”Helpful Resources” onload=”closed”]
- Lakeville Travel: This is the travel agency the Covenant office uses for all its travel. They will be looking at getting group rates and discounts for anyone who is interested. Susan Skovran 952-435-8151 is an agent highly recommend. You should all think about how many travelers you are anticipating, the dates of travel, and if you are open to flying into Nashville verses Knoxville (sometimes this saves money even with the cost of transportation from Nashville). Most airlines (not all) will allow you to block seats with just a $40 per seat deposit – and then allow you to hold it without any cancel penalties up until 75 days before departure. Policies do vary by airline so it just depends on who we use. (Don’t forget to add bus fees if flying into places other than Knoxville, Nashville- $75, Atlanta- $99)
- Kayak.com: If you want to avoid a travel agent and find your own tickets, Kayak.com is a great place to start. After you input your travel dates it will search all the discount ticket sites and show you the best deals.
- Block out seats early. Up to eleven months before your travel date you can “block out” seats without giving names or a deposit. Generally this will give you the best price as well as allow you to fly in and out of the Knoxville airport, which is very small.
- Many have had success soliciting donations of air miles from their congregation. This could be a great way to save money. Be aware, though, that you may have to send small groups on several different airlines, which can get complicated.
- Get help! Ask parents or others in your congregation to call the airlines, get quotes, and put together possible itineraries. Don’t make CHIC travel your full-time job!
- If you are going to CHIC for the first time consider partnering with someone who has been before. Our CHIC Liaison team would be glad to help you out in any way.
- Cost: The cost for CHIC travel from the North Pacific Conference has been anywhere from $300-600 per person. Plan, fundraise, or budget accordingly.
PNW CHIC 2015 Liaison Team:
Ruby Varghese (Kent, WA) CHIC Liaison
253.631.0222 ext. 312
Erik Cave (Portland, OR)
PNW Network Facilitator
Nick Pringle: (Sammamish, WA)
Brent Strobel: (Mercer Island, WA)
Dan Myerpeter (Olympia, WA)
Meghan Rush: (Wenatchee, WA)
Chad McDaniel (Mount Vernon, WA)
Pacific Southwest Conference
The PSWC recommends air travel to CHIC arranged by Fellowship Travel International. Regina Gracia at rgracia(at)fellowship.com can assist anyone from any location to help find the best prices and options.
Contact your conference liaison, Danielle Kilgore at danielle.kilgore(at)covenantevents.org for transportation details.